Kid Witness News FAQ
- School Registration Form (Appendix A)
- Equipment Rental & T-shirt Order Form (Appendix B)
All forms must be mailed to:
Attn: Ann Ariyadasa
Panasonic Canada Inc.
5770 Ambler Drive
Mississauga, ON L4W 2T3
*Please note that forms will ONLY be accepted via mail.
- Video Camera
- SD Card
- KWN Merchandise (T-shirts, Vests, Badges)
- Primary Schools include students aged 10-12
- Secondary Schools are students aged 13-18
- The K-Factor is a score determined by how well the video portrays a kids’ perspective in viewing “The World Through Their Eyes.” This should reflect the simplicity and directness that characterizes children’s work.
- Concept, story, and impact
- A link to download the Project Submission Kit
- A unique link to submit the video and script
Use the unique link to upload your video file, English script, and group photo (jpeg file, no larger than 2MB).
- Video Submission Form (Appendix 1 – Submission Kit)
- Production and Copyright Consent Form (Appendix 2 – Submission Kit)
- Parent/Guardian Consent and Release Form (Appendix 3 – Submission Kit)
Production, Permission, Copyright
All video footage must be the original work of the participating students, including the planning, screenwriting, film shooting, and editing. The teacher’s involvement should be limited to guidance with critique and encouragement.
Copyright of the submitted video shall revert to the school. However, for purposes of generating publicity for KWN, the broadcasting rights, editing rights, and reproduction rights shall rest with Panasonic.
Submissions may appear in print, broadcast, web or social media, publicity or advertising. (Editing or other processing may be performed as required.)
In respect to copyright, please observe the following rules:
- As a general rule, music and images should be original or copyright free.
- For field shooting, the participating school’s KWN team should arrange prior authorization for using and airing any filmed subjects and locations.
- If the school uses any copyrighted materials, written permission from the rights holder should be obtained and all credits should be stated accordingly in the submitted video.
- Panasonic will not be liable for any copyright infringement in the submitted video.
- Participating school’s KWN team must submit signed consent forms for the Production and Copyright; Parent/Guardian Consent and Release Form.